With the need for more living space at home more in demand than ever, many people are starting to evaluate their options when adding to their homes.
Garden offices are renowned for being the easiest and most effective way of adding significant value to homes across the UK and are also the most affordable option. But how much does a garden office cost, exactly?
Read on to discover how much a garden office costs…
Garden office prices
At Rubicon, our premium garden offices start at £17,250, with no hidden fees. However, garden office models can vary in price depending on several factors.
The total cost to install an office garden room will be determined by the desired size, specifications, and overall quality of materials, as well as the location of your property.
After all, if you’re investing in a garden office, you’ll likely want it to be designed as if it were made just for you. To do this, you’ll require access to a wide range of features and specifications, which can affect the price.
If you’re looking for something truly unique, this is something we accommodate here at Rubicon. As no bespoke project is the same, we will provide you with a quote based on your desired finish.
You’ll find pricing information attached to every garden office model on our website. However, for more on our garden office pricing, click here to get in touch.
Saving money with a garden office
The initial cost of an office garden room can seem daunting at first. However, consider how this investment will save you money in the long run.
Gone are the days of commuting to work costs, and if you’re a business owner, you’ll know how expensive office rentals can be. When you invest in a garden office, you won’t have to worry about either of these financial burdens anymore.
Plus, with a garden office, you’ll benefit from a better work-life balance. When you’re finished with your working day, you won’t need to worry about how long it takes you to get home - as you’re already there! Allowing you to spend more of your downtime on enjoyment.
A garden office is the most cost-effective way to create additional living space. A garden office will cost a fraction of a home extension project, adding significant value to your property.
Click here to find out how a garden office can add value to your home.
Factors that affect the overall cost of a garden office
When it comes to purchasing a garden room, there are several variables to consider. See below for the main factors that can affect the overall cost of an office garden room.
Size and structure
The overall size and structure of a garden office can affect the cost. We recommend determining the amount of living space required for the comfortable use of your office space so that you can narrow your search.
At Rubicon Garden Rooms, we offer an extensive selection of garden office sizes, types and designs. We cater to all preferences and include all of our sizing information on each model, with detailed specifications on the interior and exterior sizing. To check out our range of garden offices, click here.
Where your property is located can affect the overall cost of your garden office installation.
Generally speaking, if you’re based far away from your garden office provider, you can be charged the additional travel costs for the team to complete the installation. We advise asking your provider regarding travel costs before committing to a purchase to avoid hidden fees.
At Rubicon, we can travel up to 70 miles from our Deeside headquarters without any additional charges. If you’re uncertain about any travel costs associated with our services, click here to contact us directly for a no-obligation chat!
Generally speaking, providers may charge an additional fee to install your new garden office, and sometimes even charge per installation project. For example, some providers charge separately for interior installation projects, such as flooring.
At Rubicon, our pricing includes the installation fee, so there will be no hidden fees with our premium garden office extensions.
Even our most cost-effective garden office options include many worthwhile features, which are included within the cost. However, if you would like to customise your office space, there may be additional charges.
Take our functional Cabin Style garden office as a superb example. Our smallest standard option is sized at 3.5M X 3M (although bespoke sizes are also available) and offers a wide range of structural and decorative benefits included in the cost. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Insulation - fully insulated for comfortable all-year-round use.
- Walls - ventilated cavity walls made from premium Zero Maintenance Wood Fibre Cladding.
- Timber framing - 20yr treated C16 (or C24) structural grade timber frames for exceptional, long-lasting quality.
- Finishes - plasterboard will be applied to the interior walls for a homely finish, lighting fixtures, and quality UPVC skirting boards will also be installed.
- Roofing - PIR foam insulation, with a plaster, skim interior finish and UPVC facias around the perimeter.
- Floors - insulated floor installation, fitted with treated C24 floor joists and completed with a damp control membrane and under-boarded for rodent protection.
For more information on our Cabin Style garden offices, click here.
Added features that aren’t outlined as included within the description of our garden offices can be obtained at an additional cost. Added features can include (but are not limited to):
- Insulation - many upgraded insulation packages are available for further all-year-round comfort and efficiency.
- Cladding - access to exterior render options in different colour finishes to match your vision.
- Upgraded materials - We offer a range of material options for composite cladding, decking, rendering, fixings and more to help with both the structural strength and decorative appearance of your desired garden office. We can talk you through these to help determine the best option for your requirements.
- Optional features - you decide whether to incorporate extra features into your garden office. For example, additional UPVC doors, windows, decking, fixtures and more.
- Zero Maintenance options - our garden offices are designed to require little to no maintenance, retaining their exceptional quality for 30+ years.
- Peace of mind - 20-year guarantees are available on a variety of our features and fittings.
- Additional rooms - you can choose to add rooms within your garden office. From kitchens to toilets and shower rooms, we can discuss all your options with you to achieve the best results.
The cost of an office garden room can be affected by the materials chosen to build your garden office. From flooring and windows to roofing and cladding, depending on the provider, there will be certain levels of quality to choose from. So, it’ll be entirely up to you how affordable your new garden office is.
At Rubicon, we offer an extensive range of materials for every inch of your garden office space, and all of our options are of fantastic quality. Our main priority is to provide our customers with exceptional additional living spaces that are similar to the quality of a house. So, no matter what - you’ll receive a top-of-the-line garden office that’ll last a lifetime.
Every provider will offer their own pricing for their garden office models. So, once you have a rough idea of the type of garden office you want to create, we recommend reaching out to the providers you’re interested in and collecting quotes.
The provider you decide to go with will dictate the overall quality of your garden office. Our advice would be to only consider reputable companies, even if you’ve found a cheaper option elsewhere - it’s usually cheaper for a reason!
We create premium, well-built garden offices at competitive prices. However, that isn’t the only benefit of choosing Rubicon. See below for several advantages our customers benefit from:
- We’re an award-winning company recognised for our state-of-the-art products and first-class customer service.
- Our showroom is open 7 days a week via appointment. Evenings and weekends included!
- We take a personalised approach to our customers. As a family-run business, we’ll listen to exactly what you want and be by your side every step of the way so that we can ensure to create the garden office of your dreams!
- We’ll never include hidden fees with any of our products. We’re transparent and clear on the overall cost of your new garden office before any work starts to ensure our customers aren’t subjected to any surprises.
- We’re Trading Standards Approved and a member of the Buy with Confidence Scheme. This means that we’ve been vetted and audited to the highest standards by Local Authority Officers and recognised for our exceptional service and quality.
- Bespoke projects are always a possibility with us. Simply get in touch to discuss custom garden office builds.
- We’ll have your garden office installed and ready to use in no time at all. Our average installation time from start to finish is within 2 weeks.
- Our highly skilled and experienced staff are trained to an extremely high standard and DBS-checked so that we can ensure the best quality of service.
- We offer finance options if easy monthly payments are the preferred approach. Feel free to contact us to talk more about this.
For a free, friendly consultation, contact Rubicon today, and we’ll be happy to discuss your garden office project
For more garden room information, inspiration and advice, read the Rubicon blog…